Are you getting a “java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: Could not initialize class org.codehaus.groovy.vmplugin.v7.Java7” error? Let’s find out how to solve this!
“java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: Could not initialize class org.codehaus.groovy.vmplugin.v7.Java7” is a common error that many Java developers come across. In this blog, we will provide a simple solution and do a deep dive into fixing this problem.
“java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: Could not initialize class org.codehaus.groovy.vmplugin.v7.Java7”
How To Fix “java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: Could not initialize class org.codehaus.groovy.vmplugin.v7.Java7” Error?
When creating your project, you might get the following error.
java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: Could not initialize class org.codehaus.groovy.vmplugin.v7.Java7 java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: Could not initialize class org.codehaus.groovy.reflection.ReflectionCache
This problem may arise because you’re using Gradle as your build system with JDK14, and your Gradle version is outdated. That’s why you’re getting this message. As a result, that has changed. Your problem will be resolved if you adjust Change distributionUrl in gradle-wrapper.properties. Replace distributionUrl=https://services.gradle.org/distributions/gradle-6.2-all.zip with distributionUrl=https://services.gradle.org/distributions/gradle-6.3-all.zip. Launch the command /gradlew. Make a fresh build and try again. Now you must fix this problem.
Method 1: Adjust distributionUrl in gradle-wrapper.properties
You may be seeing this problem because you’re using Gradle as your build system with JDK14, and your Gradle version is outdated. As a result, you’ve encountered this error.
Therefore, simply change. You will fix this matter by changing distributionUrl in gradle-wrapper.properties.
Replace the following line:
Launch the command ./gradlew clean build, then try again. Now you must fix this issue.
Method 2: Update the spring-cloud-contract-maven-plugin
Your problem will be resolved by just updating the spring-cloud-contract-maven-plugin to version 2.2.3-RELEASE.
We hope you enjoyed our article about Hava. With this knowledge, we know that you can fix your “java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: Could not initialize class org.codehaus.groovy.vmplugin.v7.Java7” quickly by following these steps! If you still have any other questions about fixing this syntax error, please leave a comment below. Thank you for reading!
- Simple solution to correct the requests.exceptions.ConnectionError: (‘Connection aborted.’ RemoteDisconnected(‘Remote end closed connection without response’)) issue Python is a popular programming language that can be used widely in a lot of applications. Python is also a good choice as a programming language depending on user background and perspective. Because it is used widely and popular, if you find any errors when using Python. It is a common problem, you face the […]
- “[Errno 61] Connection refused” is occurring even, the program is connecting with the port well and the socket is running in the interfaces.If you see the “[Errno 61] Connection refused” issue although you checked the program, port, socket and interfaces. Although your program of Python works well in the server and the client, they are installed at the same device. The local IP from my device is connecting with the clients but this IP is not connected […]
- Description “Return by Reference”.C++ is considered not only as a language of Object Oriented Programming, but also an intermediate level language. It identifies both high and low level languages. It became easy and widely used in computer programs and that is the reason why we should understand the definition and its function as well. Such as Return by […]
- How to use correctly “useMemo vs. useEffect + useState”Hello everyone, today I will talk about useMemo in Reactjs. Talk about Reactjs programmers, you’ve probably used React hooks, specifically here useMemo, it’s quite familiar but not everyone understands and uses it properly so… Today we will learn its usage in this case “useMemo vs. useEffect + useState”. Let’s started! Difference between “useMemo vs. useEffect […]
- Definition about Basic Math Functions.Java, which is an important programming language, is a popular program computer in the world. Java is also used for: mobile applications (especially Android apps; desktop applications; web applications; web servers and application servers; database connection; and much more. Above the key information of Java, we have the answer for why we use Java. Moreover, […]