Java is one of the most used programming languages globally, and it is used in a wide range of application development. However, there are situations when you run into an error that is not easy to deal with.
Sometimes, these errors are cryptic, so finding an effective solution is hard. This blog has some useful tips on how to resolve the error “Error:java: invalid target release: 11“.
Tips On Solving The Problem “Error:java: invalid target release: 11”
When attempting to create your application in IntelliJ, you may encounter the following issue.
Information:java: Errors occurred while compiling module ‘test-domain_main’
Information: javac 1.8.0_171 was used to compile java sources
Information:1/10/2019 4:21 PM – Compilation completed with 1 error and 0 warnings in 1s 199ms Error:java: invalid target release: 11
To deal with this problem, you should set the Language level to 10 in File=>Project Structure=>Modules. Additionally, look at File => Settings => Build, Execution, Deployment => Compiler => Java Compiler=>>Project bytecode and Per-module bytecode versions. There are 11. In pom.xml file 1.8, the second option is to adjust the Java version from 11 to 8. Navigate to File => Settings => Build, Execution, and Deployment => Compiler => Java Compiler.
Here, your project is mentioned in the Module column, and in the Target bytecode version column, the Java version for the project has been defined (usually 11), modify it to 8. Navigate to the File => Project Structure => Modules menu. In the Source tab, you can see the Language level option, where you may select 8 – Lambdas, type annotations, and so on. Finally, select Apply, and OK, then you’re ready to go.
Option 1: Configure IntelliJ IDEA
Simply make these two changes, and your problem will be resolved.
- Firstly, in Intellij IDEA, choose File.
- Then, choose Project Structure.
- Select Modules.
- Next, change the Language level to 8.
- In IntelliJ IDEA, choose File.
- Choose Settings.
- Select Build, Execution, and Deployment.
- Select Compiler.
- Choose Java Compiler.
- Pick 8 and 8 will also be available.
- Your problem should now be resolved.
Option 2: Complete the following steps.
- To fix this problem, set the language level to 10 in File=>Project Structure=>Modules.
- Additionally, choose File => Settings => Build, Execution, Deployment => Compiler => Java Compiler =>> Project bytecode and Per-module bytecode versions. There are 11.
Option 3: Implement this solution.
- Adjust the Java version from 11 to 8 in the pom.xml file java.version>1.8/java.version>.
- Navigate to File => Settings => Build, Execution, Deployment => Build, Execution, Deployment =>=> Compiler Compiler for Java
- Next, the project is mentioned in the Module column, and in the Target bytecode version column, the Java version for such project is already defined (usually 11), modify it to 8.
- Navigate to the File => Project Structure => Modules menu. In the Source tab, you could see the Language level selection, where you may select 8 – Lambdas, type annotations, and so on. Lastly, select Apply and OK, and you’re done.
We hope you enjoyed our blog post on how to solve the bug “Error:java: invalid target release: 11“. Please leave a comment if you have any further questions or concerns regarding installing pip on your machine. Thank you for taking the time to read; we are always delighted anytime one of our pieces can give important information on this topic!
- Simple solution to correct the requests.exceptions.ConnectionError: (‘Connection aborted.’ RemoteDisconnected(‘Remote end closed connection without response’)) issue Python is a popular programming language that can be used widely in a lot of applications. Python is also a good choice as a programming language depending on user background and perspective. Because it is used widely and popular, if you find any errors when using Python. It is a common problem, you face the […]
- “[Errno 61] Connection refused” is occurring even, the program is connecting with the port well and the socket is running in the interfaces.If you see the “[Errno 61] Connection refused” issue although you checked the program, port, socket and interfaces. Although your program of Python works well in the server and the client, they are installed at the same device. The local IP from my device is connecting with the clients but this IP is not connected […]
- Description “Return by Reference”.C++ is considered not only as a language of Object Oriented Programming, but also an intermediate level language. It identifies both high and low level languages. It became easy and widely used in computer programs and that is the reason why we should understand the definition and its function as well. Such as Return by […]
- How to use correctly “useMemo vs. useEffect + useState”Hello everyone, today I will talk about useMemo in Reactjs. Talk about Reactjs programmers, you’ve probably used React hooks, specifically here useMemo, it’s quite familiar but not everyone understands and uses it properly so… Today we will learn its usage in this case “useMemo vs. useEffect + useState”. Let’s started! Difference between “useMemo vs. useEffect […]
- Definition about Basic Math Functions.Java, which is an important programming language, is a popular program computer in the world. Java is also used for: mobile applications (especially Android apps; desktop applications; web applications; web servers and application servers; database connection; and much more. Above the key information of Java, we have the answer for why we use Java. Moreover, […]